J for Junior

Introduction

Time has moved so quickly that I have become a Grade UF 48 Pharmacist without even realizing it.

  • It is still vivid in my mind that when I was a provisional registered pharmacist (UF 41), I thought that UF 48 and UF 52 pharmacists must have worked for a very long time and had plenty of knowledge and experience.
  • Yes, it has eventually reached to a point that I should feel that I am unworthy if I could not address juniors' questions.
  • However, the truth is that the unstoppable time has made me a senior and no otherwise.



Not Ready

I still lack the confidence to give educational talks or presenting case studies to my peers.

  • Even the knowledge that I share here, there could always be more to learn and I may not aware of.
  • On the other hand, I prefer to sit in the audience seat and absorb new knowledge.

I am comfortable being a junior pharmacist, performing daily routines of screening, transcribing, filling and dispensing tasks in the outpatient pharmacy.

  • All these tasks made me feel like I am actively contributing to my patients' well-being.
  • I have no desire to make difficult administrative and management decisions or deal with audits and complaints.
  • Undeniably, there are times that I wish to avoid facing those annoying patients.

Meanwhile, I have seen my batch mates become senior clinical pharmacists with certain credentials, and even juniors who have completed a Master's or PhD degree.

  • It is strange to think that I am now sitting in the audience while junior pharmacists take the stage as speakers. Nonetheless, it is happening.

Life is Like A Roller Coaster



Point of No Return

Pharmacist Salary at Malaysia

According to a Malaysia Pharmacist Salary Survey participated by 232 pharmacists, there exists a "point of no return" for government pharmacists when they reach UF 48 (i.e. after 7 years of work). At this point, our salary is finally comparable to community pharmacists, and we become too comfortable with their current job.

  • We tend not to consider changing occupation, unless with a compelling reason.

Too Old to Quit



Summary

In life, complaining is never an effective strategy.

  • Remember, if you are not willing to work for it, then do not complaining about not having it.

Stop Complaining, Stop Comparing, Start Doing.

Comments

  1. Just curious, did you apply for HLP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it has not reached my turn yet to further study. While I have interest to study further, I am bit worried to cope with assignments and examinations.

      Delete

Post a Comment