Time

Introduction

As I notice white hairs growing on my head, I am reminded that I am no longer as young as I used to be.

  • Time seems to be slipping away and I am running out of it.

You Think You Have Time



Sleep is Luxury

Once I started working, I began to appreciate the luxury of having an afternoon nap or sleeping from night till mid-afternoon.

  • It is funny how I used to resent my mother for asking me to sleep early when I was young, but now I understand.

Every weekday, we wake up robotically in the early morning, work until five, and by the time we are finally free, it is already nearing bedtime.

  • Despite being encouraged to walk at least ten thousand steps a day, we often struggle to meet this modest target outside of office hours.
  • We know that sleeping late burdens our bodies, but we long for some "me-time" to unwind.
Stay Up Late



Taking A Step Backward

To lead a comfortable and fulfilling life, we “sell” our precious time in exchange for money.

  • We work jobs that we may not always enjoy, but that pay us enough to provide for our basic needs and some of our wants.

I once met a man on a tram in Australia, who told me that the working pace in Australia is slow.

  • People often take coffee breaks between tasks.
  • He advised me to stop constantly chasing after works and instead, learn to slow down and enjoy the moment.

When things spiral out of control and everyone is feeling nervous, we should remind ourselves to take our time.

  • As long as we keep making progress, things will eventually fall into place.

Just like in a running race, the winner is not the one who exhausts themselves at the start, but the one who endures and reaches the finish line.



Summary

As we age, we come to realise that 24 hours in a day is barely sufficient to do everything we enjoy.

  • Time becomes a precious commodity, and we learn to appreciate the value of moments and the importance of finding balance in our lives.

Consequently, we dedicate our limited time to those we treasure most.

  • Sometimes, saying "no time" or "busy" becomes a gentle way to decline.

Comments